"Atholl Palace is a wonderful place to visit. The staff are very helpful and polite, nothing is a problem! The food is amazing and the rooms are made up daily. This is great for either a weekend break or stay for a week. Great for couples or families. The spa is also brilliant and relaxing. Book now and stay, you won't be disappointed!"
Ultimately the Atholl Palace Hotel would like to become carbon neutral. To do so we need to reduce our carbon emissions from LPG, Fuel Oil, Diesel or Petrol.
Obviously it is unlikely that we can completely eliminate our emissions so we need to devise schemes where we can offset the CO2 we release into the atmosphere by producing the same amount of renewable energy by, for example, planting native trees.
• By increasing the number of low wattage light bulbs and installing motion detectors in cupboards,landings etc. we can greatly reduce our energy usage.
• A comprehensive, independent energy audit has highlighted some areas where we can reduce our energy consumption. Working on these proposals is a high priority.
• Water usage plays an important role in energy management. Reducing the amount of water that is used in the hotel is a high priority but not to the extent of reducing customer satisfaction.
• By reducing the number of times we cut the grass in some areas of the grounds could save several gallons of petrol per year. It all helps.
• Making staff and guests aware of the need to conserve energy by stimulating initiatives and good environmental practice.