at The Atholl Palace Hotel
Daniel Alexander Reed gained his coaching experience through working at the National Tennis Centre in Roehampton London, alongside former British Number One Annabel Croft and some of the UK’s most renowned coaches assisting with Junior County and recreational players. Being a dynamic coach, Daniel coaches all level of players, from beginners (Junior and Adults) to competing juniors, specialising in Bio-mechanical correction/analysis, tactical/mental awareness corrections, cardio-tennis and tennis specific strength and conditioning in conjunction with the RPT (Registro Profesional De Tenis) methods of instruction and systems that private tennis academies in Spain employ, having produced players such as Rafael Nadal, Carlos Ferrero and Andy Murray.
His experience has brought him in contact with some of the best schools in the country and his talents lie in fast tracking grass route players into competitive and hungry achievers out on the tennis court and placing schools proudly on the tennis map. DAR’s vision is for a vibrant, healthy and progressive coaching service, that thrives on providing and promoting enjoyable tennis playing opportunities for all ages, abilities and backgrounds for the community of Perthshire and beyond and the visiting public.
|Private Lesson||1 Hour||£70|
|Shared Lesson (2 Guests)||1 Hour||£80|
|Group Lesson (3 Guests)||1 Hour||£90|
|Group Lesson (4 Guests)||1 Hour||£100|
|Children (5-8 years)||45 Minutes||£60|
- To be welcoming to all ages, abilities and backgrounds
- To provide an atmosphere of positive encouragement to all those wanting to play tennis
- To have a progressive and contemporary approach to promoting the sport across the county
- To demonstrate financial propriety
Safety consciousness & accountability protective towards children and youth
- To contribute to the health and vitality of tennis in and around Perthshire by raising the profile of tennis and making the sport more readily accessible to the local community.
- To provide a welcoming, safe, responsible & relaxing medium for all players to develop within.
- To encourage more people, particularly youth, to play tennis.
- To facilitate opportunities for people to develop their tennis playing abilities and to progress in the sport.
- To maintain and enhance the quality of tennis playing facilities, and its environs, attracting an income commensurate with meeting the costs of maintaining these facilities (resurfacing and painting of courts, repair of fencing, nets replacement). My unique way of achieving this is hiring courts across Perthshire so that clubs are provided with a regular stream of income and profiles are increased across the country. Camps takes place at various locations in Feb, Easter, summer and October offering a more comprehensive programme and providing increased playing opportunities across the country.
- To encourage players to take advantage of national and county LTA programmes.
DAR tennis understands how to nurture talent and ensure that all children have the opportunity to play tennis whether at a competitive or non-competitive level.
“For me, it’s about nurturing grass route tennis and not neglecting the less able and slow developers in the game. I like the challenge of fast tracking players to competitive level, whilst also overseeing the performance route of players that compete at higher levels. I believe my sessions to be stimulating, rewarding and always delivered with high energy, accompanied with bundles of passion.
What I take pride in, is being able to offer my expertise and coaching style not only to local clubs, but also across the majority of schools across the country both in the private and state sector, promoting the sport from as early as 3 years old! I see the business’s strengths in growth of tennis and provision of opportunity, taking players on an entire journey from the very early stages, rather than just nurturing the players who are further afield in their development plans.”
Highland Tennis Championships
The second oldest tournament in Scotland takes place in the grounds of Atholl Palace Hotel in Pitlochry this September.READ MORE
We have a packed itinerary of social events each evening here at Atholl Palace Hotel. Every evening from Monday to Saturday.READ MORE