Swimming Pool & The Hydropathic Heritage
Our swimming pool and Lavender Spa are on the garden level of the hotel with doors which open on to the fragrant oaks of the Black Spout woods to views of the Tummel Valley.
The Spa has been designed to complement the Victorian Gothic architecture of the original hydropathic spa. Our water in the pools is from it's original source, filtered through the volcanic rock of Ben y Vrackie.
Our indoor facilities include a spa bath, plunge pool, steam room and gym.
Unfortunately our sauna is out of commission at the moment, we apologise for any inconvenience this causes.
Limited gym membership is available.
Please note:- For health and safety reasons during busy periods you may be restricted to a one hour use of the pool facilities.
Health & Safety and Hygiene
- Children must be accompanied by and under the constant supervision of an adult of at least 16 years old.
- The swimming pool is not fully accessible as there are limitations
- £1 coin is required for the lockers, which is returned.
- All jewellery and personal belongings should be secured in a locker prior to entering the water.
- Do not swim if you are suffering from sickness and/or diarrhoea. This particularly applies to young children and babies. We also recommend that you do not swim for up to 14 days after you have had sickness and/or diarrhoea.
- Babies and toddlers still in nappies must wear elasticated swim nappies to guard against accidental contamination. These are available for purchase from reception.
- Please do not change nappies on poolside - use the toilets or baby changing facility.
- Always shower properly before you swim - this will considerably improve water quality and reduce the risk of contamination. Please also ensure that children and babies are properly washed and showered before entering a pool.
- Health Suite and Gym users in particular, should shower each time before swimming.
- Visit the toilet before you swim, taking the children as well. Remember to always wash your hands after using the toilet.
- Avoid swallowing pool water.